- The Bowen Release Move changes a life Published: 12 December 2015
Tracey from California wrote asking for advice on how frequently she needed a Bowen treatment for her Asthma. In a phone call to discuss this, the way the Bowen Diaphragm Release Move is done was discussed and the importance of it being done gently but quickly, rather like switching a light on . The thumb is best used. It should not "slide" across the skin, but just move the skin to create a very gentle, quick signal to the very sensitive nervous system in the area just below the bottom of the breast bone.
The main text below is emails sent by Tracey soon afterwards describing in graphic detail how it has changed her life for the first time. Others have had the same reaction.
- Treating a child when there is no local therapist Published: 09 November 2011
I frequntly get e-mails and questions from parents of children with asthma who live in areas/countries where there is no local Bowen Practitioner.The film showing a very simple version of Bowen moves which often help is what they then use. The following case is one example.
- A child needing Ventolin every 4 hours Published: 10 April 2006
A family in crisis with a two year old on Ventolin every 4 hours three weeks after an attack, and her sister suffering from reflux.
- Baby born one month prematurely suffering from mucus and wheezing Published: 07 April 2006
Jacob was born one month early and suffered from congestion, mucus and a rattling wheeze. He came for his first treatment at 3 months old in April 2006.
- A child coughing for 5 months Published: 07 April 2006
Oscar had been coughing for 5 months and waking distressed every night. His first treatment succeeded in changing the situation.
- Using the gentle "Release" move Published: 22 October 2005
The mother of a 13 year old asked for help with his breathing difficulty.
- After six years of medication, a serious attack, and then Bowen Published: 29 November 2004
Six year old Susannah had a serious viral and asthma attack although always taking her medication. Then she started to have Bowen treatment and began to do things for the first time in her life.
- A two-year old who suffered frquent chest infections Published: 20 November 2004
A two-year old who suffered frquent chest infections following colds and was often needing hospital attention.
- Unable to run more than 20 yards without Ventolin Published: 06 February 2004
A six year old who could not run more than 20 yards without needing her inhaler but now runs everywhere.
- Jason Published: 28 January 2004
Jason was just 13 years old. Often ill, sometimes for up to 3 weeks at a time, he needed his inhaler 5 times a day as well as at night, but quickly responded to Bowen treatment.
- Babies can respond very quickly Published: 18 November 2003
A baby of only six months and a boy of two years who responded immediately.
- Anxiety can also trigger asthma attacks Published: 18 November 2003
A seven year old's change of school caused her anxiety and asthma attacks.
- A reaction to animals Published: 18 November 2003
A 13 year-old girl was having regular asthma attacks and was being sent home from school almost every week.
- Two children helped remotely Published: 10 February 2003
A parent, living in a country without any Bowen Therapists to help him, wrote asking for advice to help his two children suffering from asthma. His own father had died of asthma.
- A brother and sister on "puffers" Published: 19 December 2002
A brother who had been on a "puffer" for a year and his sister on a "puffer" for a month who responded immediately to a Bowen treatment.
- Heavy Colds once a month for the past year Published: 15 July 2002
Nearly three years old with heavy colds once a month and 3 chest infections in a year.
- A 9 year-old sports lover Published: 24 June 2002
A 9 year-old who needed his "puffer" when running or playing sport.
- Two-year-old Isabel Published: 23 June 2002
Two-year-old Isabel had been hospitaised with asthma attacks four times then her mother heard about The Bowen Technique.
- A 13 year old asthmatic with sinusitis Published: 17 June 2002
The child had been suffering asthmatic attacks since birth and had developed chronic sinusitis over three years previously.
- That first case Published: 15 June 2002
That first case which showed me the enormous potential of the Bowen Technique with asthma.
Please also visit our other website Bowen-for-asthma.com